2.21.2010

2010 update

This year so far I have signed up for 1 half marathon - on April 10th and am failing miserably to prepare for it. This is my first time attempting to run in cold weather and frankly, while it's nice than humidity - the several feet of snow we've gotten in the past month hasn't helped! WAY back in January I hit my season high og 5 miles...this past Saturday should have been a 10 miler. My goal is to get back in gear this week - no more excuses for not running - even in 30 degree temps!
One of my coaches shared with me that spring runs are naturally faster than summer runs due to the temps. So I have high hopes for my time in April. I'd at least like to look and feel prepared by then, so it's back to running for real this week!
Other races I'm considering -
Frederick Douglass 10 Miler in May
Philly Rock N Roll 1/2 marathon in September (I was too sick to run this last year and it is a beautiful course...I have to do this one to prove to myself I can do it!)

No comments: